CAPITAL K OPEN WATER SWIM: SUN 19 NOV
RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
Please double check your entry / race information via the RESULTS link on the website.
Please read the following information ahead of arriving at the Dam on Sunday 19 November. It is your responsibility to know what you need to do before you arrive, what time to arrive and what you need to do when you are there.
Registration will only open 60 minutes prior to an event.
Event 2 registration will ONLY open once Event 1 has commenced.
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD FINISHTIME PASSPORT APP
- By downloading the Finish Time Passport APP and adding the information for each of your family members participating, will speed up the Registration / Timing Chip allocation process.
- You can download the APP via Finish Time
STEP 2: MIDMAR MAIN GATE
- In order to get through the main entrance gate to Midmar Dam Resort, each vehicle is required to fill in the gate register. To speed up the process we strongly recommend that you download a copy of the Register and complete it before arrival.
- PLEASE DOWNLOAD REGISTER AND COMPLETE TO SPEED UP ACCESS
- KZN Wildlife staff will take payment for Resort Entrance Fees (R30 per child (3-12yr) & R60 per adult)
- Once access has been granted at the Main Gate vehicles proceed to the parking areas above the restaurant
STEP 3: REGISTRATION
LOCATION: LARGE WHITE MARQUEE ON LEFT AT BOTTOM OF STAIRS
On reaching Registration:
- Your Finish Time Passport QR code will be scanned
- A Timing Chip and your race number will be allocated
- You will be handed your swim cap WHICH MUST BE WORN DURING YOUR SWIM.
- If you purchased a t-shirt online please collect at Registration. NO SHIRTS WILL BE COURIERED AFTER THE EVENT.
- Your bag can be handed in at the Kit Drop/Pick Up zone in the Registration Tent. It will be labelled with your name and/or race number for you to pick up at the end of your swim. Alternatively your supporter can hold onto your bag.
STEP 4: START
LOCATION: MUNRO BAY
A START ZONE will be marked into which only participants may enter. NO SPECTATORS OR SUPPORTERS.
Race Officials will call swimmers to the START ZONE at which point the race will be under starters orders.
Swim Safe devices are compulsory for swimmers 11 years old and under in this event and are available to borrow from the start area. Ensure you are wearing it correctly.
STEP 5: FINISH
LOCATION: MAIN SLIPWAY
- Swimmers must exit the water and cross the Finish line
- Hand in your chip. NOTE: If you are swimming another event you will be allocated a new timing chip per event.
- Hand in your Swim Safe if you borrowed one from the Start
- Proceed to tables to collect your Capital K Medal.